People & Culture Partner
We usually respond within a week
About the role
As the People & Culture Partner, you will wear many hats, drive and own multiple people operations programs and initiatives while being the gatekeeper and bouncer for all things culture!
You must be a strategic thinker while juggling BAU with ongoing support from the Head of People & Culture. You will be fiercely data-driven, approachable, calm amongst the storm, professional, an excellent communicator and an all-round game changer.
As the People & Culture Partner, you will help empower our Hokodo leaders so that our Hokodians are set up for success across our teams who work both hybrid and fully remote out of the London, Paris and Lithuanian offices.
Hokodo has a unique culture which is crucial for the company's success. As the P&C Partner, you will support and maintain the Hokodo awesomeness as we scale - the floor is yours, and we welcome all ideas with open arms!
We’re an international and diverse team of finance, tech, and data science specialists, based in London and Paris, working to modernise B2B payments.
- Our B2B Buy Now, Pay Later solution enables merchants to offer credit terms to their business customers instantly, resulting in a 40% average increase in revenue for integrated merchants.
- We are scaling rapidly across Western Europe, with a list of stellar clients and recently raised $40 million in Series B investment to support our mission of enabling 1 million businesses to access a better way to pay by 2025.
- Join us in our efforts, as we have already made good progress with 50,000+ businesses regularly using Hokodo, but need your support to take us to the next level!
What you’ll be doing - If you get excited by the following, this is the role for you.
- Partner with and advise managers on all things people-related, such as performance management & coaching, employee relations, rewards and recognition, and organisational design;
- Develop and implement People initiatives around e.g. Learning & Development and Talent Management, ensuring our culture and values are embedded into our People practices;
- Own employee onboarding for new joiners in the UK;
- Identify and implement improvements to our People Operations processes; and
- Organise and run company events, offsites, socials and be hands on to support keeping the London office running smoothly.
Who we’re looking for - At Hokodo, we prioritise hiring individuals who share our mission and values, and possess the right attitudes and behaviours for success. While some of the listed requirements may be important, don't worry if you don't meet all of them, we’d still like to hear from you.
- People Partner: You’ll have a proven track record of people partnering with senior managers in a fast-paced environment;
- Communication & Emotional Intelligence: Strong communicator, with bags of emotional intelligence and empathy. Some might say chameleon when working with different cohorts of the team, fun and relaxed written communication skills that you will use when working with others;
- Empathy: You’ll have solid commercial acumen and deep empathy for individuals, allowing you to resolve tricky people situations;
- Decision Maker: You will be fiercely data-driven, approachable and the calm amongst the storm, professional, an excellent communicator, Employee Relations experience and up to date knowledge of all things labour law for the UK;
- Improving Processes: You'll have an insatiable appetite for ways to improve our existing processes, policies and people programs and HRIS and performance/engagement platform savvy;
- Pragmatist: Proactive, optimistic, solutions-focused and make decisions based on data, not gut, and a huge pragmatist; and
- Hands on: A lot of self-motivation and always willing to get stuck in; blank canvases don’t scare you - you thrive having ownership and autonomy.
- Phone Screen with Talent Team (30 mins)
- Phone screen with Head of People (40 mins)
- Presentation to Head of People & VP Operations (1 hour & F2F)
- Meet other members of the people and talent team (40 mins).
What’s in it for you?
We’re offering the chance to really make a difference to Hokodo and the wider B2B payments and e-commerce industry. The opportunity for personal growth in a fast-moving startup is massive. Your opinion and feedback will be heard and valued. You'll feel a part of a very special team.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including share options.
Don’t ‘tick all of the boxes. Neither do we
We are driven by hiring not only by experience and relevance for the role but also our mission and values, and possess the right attitudes and behaviours for success. We celebrate anything ‘outside of the box’, so if you don’t meet all of the listed tickbox criteria, please do still apply as we’d love to hear from you.
The diversity of our team reflects the diversity of our community and customers. We not only welcome but celebrate diverse communities. We feel we have an empowering environment where everyone is supported and respected, and we want you to feel this too. We welcome new ideas, thinking and approaches and listen intently, and we are strongly committed to learning and improving on this as we grow.
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
We love what we do and always aspire to be the best at it. We're passionate about making our industry better and aren't afraid of the competition, Hokodo is more than a place to work. We pride ourselves on our culture of down to earth, humble employees who are always willing to go the extra mile to help each other out!
Ultimately we believe in one goal and we strive as a team to get there, together!
Own the Outcome 🏅
We act like owners and take pride in the outcome. We think big and strive for excellence. It’s the results that matter.
Trust and Build Trust 🤝
We trust each other to make the best decisions for the company as a whole. We communicate honestly and act deliberately in order to earn and foster trust.
Never Be Satisfied 💡
Our ambition and hunger drive us to constantly learn more and do more. We learn from our failures and continuously seek ways to improve.
No Passion, No Point 💝
We get a lot done, and we have a good time doing it. What’s the point in working on something if you don’t enjoy it?
Be Genuine (No BS) 💎
We are truthful, honest and respectful. We are committed to doing what’s best for each other, our company and our customers. There are no hidden agendas. Put simply, we care.
Languages spoken: 13
People & Culture Partner
Loading application form
Already working at Hokodo?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.