London with Remote Flexible
We are looking for an experienced Collections manager to join our Ops team, in order to optimise our collection rate and profitability of our various partnerships.
Who are we?
We’re a fast growing team of experienced tech, insurance and data science specialists, based in
London, at the early stage of our adventure! We’re well funded too! 😉 We believe in open, transparent teams, filled with quality people aiming together at ambitious goals.
The serious business bit…
We’re bringing B2B commerce into the 21st century with smart, easy to integrate, digital trade credit solutions. To put it simply, we are modernising the way businesses buy from each other by making it easier and safer to offer credit terms to business customers.
Almost 60% of B2B trade currently takes place on credit terms, yet current processes for offering trade credit are outdated and not fit for the digital age. We solve these issues by offering B2B merchants a powerful set of tools with our Trade Credit as a Service solution, allowing them to offer credit terms to their business customers instantly through a frictionless checkout experience. 🚀
Merchants that have already integrated with us see on average a 40% increase in revenues 💸... and we’re only just getting started.
Who are you?
We are seeking a sharp, energetic and passionate individual. This role is a unique opportunity to learn the nuts and bolts of digital financial services and build a well-rounded skill set alongside a team of experienced business leaders.
We are looking for an experienced Collections professional with a background in B2B debt collection who is driven to grow and make a difference.
- Experience working in B2B debt collection
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ideally understanding of the main legal frameworks in Europe
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English, other European languages (e.g. French or Spanish) desirable
- A fast learner, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and tech driven startup environment where change is constant
- Good work ethic with strong attention to detail
- Curious, creative and on the lookout for new ideas and methods
How will you make a difference?
As a Collection Officer, you will be an integral part of the Operations team working alongside the other Collections Officers, Payment Operations and Customer Support to drive improvements in our collection rate and the profitability of our B2B partnerships.
- Manage all collections, claims and recoveries processes for the UK debt portfolio
- Identify and implement improvements to collections, claims and recoveries processes
- Arrange payment plans with customers who are in arrears and track adherence to payment plans
- Monitor the cases under collection, track KPIs and continuously improve collection rate and DSO
- Liaise with our reinsurer for cases reaching the claim stage
- Analyse effectiveness of current debt collection partners and drive improvement of joint performance metrics
- Provide feedback to Product and Tech on improvements to our systems and opportunities for process automation
We love what we do and always aspire to be the best at it. We're passionate about making our industry better and aren't afraid of the competition, Hokodo is more than a place to work. We pride ourselves on our culture of down to earth, humble employees who are always willing to go the extra mile to help each other out!
- Own the Outcome - We act like owners. We’re committed to our tasks, and take pride in the outcome. We’re proactive. It’s never “not my job”. We don’t hide behind procedures and choose to abide by the spirit not the letter. We are bold, we are brave, and we embrace change in all its forms.
- Trust and Build Trust - We are committed to earning and fostering trust through honest communication and deliberate actions. We‘re reliable and do what we say we will do. We support our team and value each other’s time, input, and take local decisions where possible.
- Never Be Satisfied - We challenge the norms and act boldly, even if it means failing. We are reflective, always learn from our mistakes, and continuously seek feedback and ways to improve. We are inquisitive and curious. We want to teach and be taught. When something’s not quite right, we crave to fix it. We are not afraid of tough discussions, we’re open to being challenged, and challenge openly.
- No Passion, No Point - We bring passion and energy to everything we do. We get a lot done, and we have a good time doing it. We take every opportunity to celebrate our hard work, our wins - and some of our failures too!
- Be Genuine (No BS) - We are truthful and honest in our actions. We embrace and respect our individuality and encourage people to speak their mind. We are transparent and committed to doing what’s best for each other, our customers and our company. We show our team members consideration and respect, and always assume good intent. Put simply, we care.
What’s in it for you…
We’re offering the chance to really make a difference. You’ll be working side by side with the Head of Collections. The opportunity for personal growth in a fast-moving startup is very real. Your opinion and feedback will be heard and valued. You'll feel a part of a very special family, so we would like you to work from our offices in London or Paris a couple of days a week.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.