We are looking for a Junior Accountant to join our team and to help build our finance function as we enter our next phase of growth.
Who are we?
We’re a fast-growing team of experienced tech, finance and Data Science specialists, based in London and Paris, at the early stage of our adventure. Our product addresses a massive opportunity - fixing B2B payments. We already have a list of stellar clients and we’re now embarking on a rapid scale-up journey across Western Europe. We’re well funded too, having completed our Series A.
The serious business bit…
We’re bringing B2B commerce into the 21st century by modernizing the way businesses buy from each other. In short, we make it easier and safer for merchants to offer credit terms to their business customers. A bit like a “buy now pay later” for B2B.
Almost 60% of B2B trade currently takes place on credit terms. Yet, current processes for offering trade credit are outdated and not fit for the digital age. We solve these issues by offering B2B merchants a powerful set of tools, allowing them to offer credit terms to their business customers instantly through a frictionless checkout experience. Merchants that have already integrated with us see on average a 40% increase in revenues... and we’re only just getting started.
Hokodo solves a massive issue for B2B trade in general, and particularly for B2B online trade. B2B trade represents $12 TN p.a. in Western Europe. $680 BN of these sales happen online, generating a $15 BN revenue opportunity for Hokodo, which is set to double every 5 years.
Why this role is great:
In this newly created role, we are looking for an diligent numerate individual who is comfortable in a fast-moving and changing environment to help scale the finance function. The role will have ownership of Accounts Payable and Financial reconciliations whilst offering a great opportunity to learn and be trained up in other financial reporting areas. The growth in the business will also offer opportunities to grow, take on new areas of responsibility and manage staff in future.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Preparing and improving our current monthly financial reconciliations for our BNPL and Insurance business areas. Identifying ways to streamline and improve the frequency and quality of the reconciliations.
- Coordinating with our Operation teams to fix any data issues identified through the reconciliation process.
- Assisting on Month End Financial reporting tasks such as Prepayments, Accruals and Fixed Assets. Taking over more responsibility over time.
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported.
- Owning the Accounts Payable function, using PayHawk to improve and automate our payment runs.
- Identifying areas where we can automate or improve our current financial processes
- Assisting VP of Finance and Financial Controller in ad hoc financial reporting tasks or projects.
- 2-4 years of experience of working in a finance function in a junior role.
- Numerate with strong Excel and general IT skills
- Passionate about solving problems and always identifying opportunities for improvement
- A thorough and diligent approach to work with exacting attention to detail.
- Independent self-starter known for your relentless work ethic
- Efficient, organised and eager to set the pace, maintaining high standards.
- Resilient to fast-changing requirements
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships with peers & senior stakeholders
- Great communicator: you can explain complex concepts simply!
- Experience using Xero or other accounting software.
- Part Qualified or studying towards an accountancy qualification would be considered a plus.
- Experience in an International environment.
- Interest in Technology and its use in Finance.
- Knowledge of SQL (not essential!)
- Previous experience in the Finance team at a high-growth technology business eg VC/PE backed Start-up/Scale-up (payments experience or SME experience being a real plus).
We love what we do and always aspire to be the best at it. We're passionate about making our industry better and aren't afraid of the competition, Hokodo is more than a place to work. We pride ourselves on our culture of down to earth, humble employees who are always willing to go the extra mile to help each other out!
Own the Outcome
Trust and Build Trust
Never Be Satisfied
No Passion, No Point
Be Genuine (No BS)
What’s in it for you…
We’re offering the chance to really make a difference and build something from scratch. Shape the future of Hokodo while pursuing personal and professional growth. We believe in idea meritocracy and have a flat structure where everyone, whether an intern or a Founder, has the opportunity to get their ideas heard and make an impact.