We are looking for a Strategic Partnerships Manager to expand the footprint of our next generation of B2B payment solutions within the eCommerce ecosystem
We’re a fast-growing team of experienced tech, finance and data science specialists, based in London and Paris, at the early stage of our adventure. Our product addresses a massive opportunity - fixing B2B payments. We already have a list of stellar clients and we’re now embarking on a rapid scale-up journey across Western Europe. We’re well funded too, having just completed our Series A.
Now, the serious business bit…
We’re bringing B2B commerce into the 21st century by modernising the way businesses buy from each other. In short, we make it easier and safer for merchants to offer credit terms to their business customers. A bit like a “buy now pay later” for B2B.
Almost 60% of B2B trade currently takes place on credit terms. Yet, current processes for offering trade credit are outdated and not fit for the digital age. We solve these issues by offering B2B merchants a powerful set of tools, allowing them to offer credit terms to their business customers instantly through a frictionless checkout experience. Merchants that have already integrated with us see on average a 40% increase in revenues... and we’re only just getting started.
Hokodo solves a massive issue for B2B trade in general, and particularly for B2B online trade. B2B trade represents $12 TN p.a. in Western Europe. $680 BN of these sales happen online, generating a $15 BN revenue opportunity for Hokodo, which is set to double every 5 years.
About the role:
We are looking for a Strategic Partnerships Manager to help us source, structure, deliver and run partnerships with various players from the eCommerce ecosystem - banks, payments services providers, CMS, integrators... We also expect the new joiner to help us develop the team by contributing to the Strategic Projects and Partnerships roadmap, building a partner programme and supporting future talent acquisition.
The role will report to the Head of Strategic Projects and Partnerships.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager will own and lead the full partnership lifecycle:
- Identify outbound partnership opportunities within the eCommerce ecosystem (Payment Facilitator, eCommerce enablers, CMS,...)
- Connect with partner and identify potential synergies
- Size the opportunity and assess technical feasibility
- Answer inbound partnership opportunities and tender offers when needed
- Scope partnership and define respective roles & responsibilities
- Build joint business case
- Negotiate commercial terms
- Structure and sign business agreement
- Plan technical implementation
- Work with Product and Tech to identify and prioritise technical developments needed for the implementation
- Oversee technical implementation
- Jointly define the go-to-market strategy with the partner
- Work with Marketing and Sales to build collateral and implement the go-to-market strategy to enable partners to generate leads effectively
- Work with Customer Success to onboard the first converted leads
- Run training for our Partners’ Sales and Customer Success teams
- Follow up technical maintenance to ensure smooth delivery
In addition, the Strategic Partnerships Manager will contribute to the development of the Partnership function:
- Help define the Partnership strategy and roadmap
- Help build Hokodo’s partner programme
- Evangelise the Partnership function internally and be the point of contact for all partnership enquiries
- Monitor the performance of ongoing partnerships
- Help attract partnership talent
Skills and experience
- Ability to quickly understand market trends and identify business opportunities
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Proven management skills and ability to navigate complex partner / client environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on and outcome driven
- Rigorous with strong problem solving skills
- Solid analytical skills to prioritise and develop partnership opportunities
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Prior experience in closing and running strategic partnerships, ideally in B2B and in the eCommerce or payment space is a plus
- Fluent in English and French
We love what we do and always aspire to be the best at it. We're passionate about making our industry better and aren't afraid of the competition, Hokodo is more than a place to work. We pride ourselves on our culture of down to earth, humble employees who are always willing to go the extra mile to help each other out!
- Own the Outcome - We act like owners. We’re committed to our tasks, and take pride in the outcome. We’re proactive. It’s never “not my job”. We don’t hide behind procedures and choose to abide by the spirit not the letter. We are bold, we are brave, and we embrace change in all its forms.
- Trust and Build Trust - We are committed to earning and fostering trust through honest communication and deliberate actions. We‘re reliable and do what we say we will do. We support our team and value each other’s time, input, and take local decisions where possible.
- Never Be Satisfied - We challenge the norms and act boldly, even if it means failing. We are reflective, always learn from our mistakes, and continuously seek feedback and ways to improve. We are inquisitive and curious. We want to teach and be taught. When something’s not quite right, we crave to fix it. We are not afraid of tough discussions, we’re open to being challenged, and challenge openly.
- No Passion, No Point - We bring passion and energy to everything we do. We get a lot done, and we have a good time doing it. We take every opportunity to celebrate our hard work, our wins - and some of our failures too!
- Be Genuine (No BS) - We are truthful and honest in our actions. We embrace and respect our individuality and encourage people to speak their mind. We are transparent and committed to doing what’s best for each other, our customers and our company. We show our team members consideration and respect, and always assume good intent. Put simply, we care.
What’s in it for you…
We’re offering the chance to really make a difference. The opportunity for personal growth in a fast-moving startup is very real. Your opinion and feedback will be heard and valued. You'll feel a part of a very special family, so we would like you to work from our offices in Paris a couple of days a week.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including share options.