We are looking for an experienced Collections handler to join our Ops team, in order to optimise our collection rate and profitability of our various partnerships.
We’re a fast growing team of experienced tech, insurance and data science specialists, based in London and Paris, at the early stage of our adventure. Our product addresses a massive opportunity - fixing B2B payments. We already have a list of stellar clients and we’re now embarking on a rapid scale-up journey across western Europe. We’re well funded too, having just completed our Series A.
The serious business bit…
We’re bringing B2B commerce into the 21st century by modernising the way businesses buy from each other. In short, we make it easier and safer for merchants to offer credit terms to their business customers. A bit like a “buy now pay later” for B2B.
Almost 60% of B2B trade currently takes place on credit terms. Yet, current processes for offering trade credit are outdated and not fit for the digital age. We solve these issues by offering B2B merchants a powerful set of tools, allowing them to offer credit terms to their business customers instantly through a frictionless checkout experience. Merchants that have already integrated with us see on average a 40% increase in revenues... and we’re only just getting started.
Hokodo solves a massive issue for B2B trade in general, and particularly for B2B online trade. B2B trade represents $12 TN p.a. in Western Europe. $680 BN of these sales happen online, generating a $15 BN revenue opportunity for Hokodo, which is set to double every 5 years.
Who are you?
We are seeking a sharp, energetic and passionate individual. This role is a unique opportunity to learn the nuts and bolts of digital financial services and build a well-rounded skill set alongside a team of experienced business leaders.
We are looking for an experienced Collections professional with a background in B2B debt collection who is driven to grow and make a difference.
- Experience working in B2B debt collection
- Fluent in English and German, other European languages desirable
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Understanding of the main legal framework in Spain
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A fast learner, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and tech driven startup environment where change is constant
- Good work ethic with strong attention to detail
- Curious, creative and on the lookout for new ideas and methods
How will you make a difference?
As a Collection Officer, you will be part of the Ops team working alongside the Head of Collections to assist in optimising our collection rate and profitability of our various B2B ecommerce partnerships. There are multiple components to this role.
- Contact customers by telephone, letter and email to reduce overdues and maximise our collections in accordance with company standards.
- Provide buyer support tasks, (e.g. respond to queries from buyers [debtors], agree and manage payment plans)
- Contact our partners and issue claims where appropriate
- Monitor the cases under collection and initiate the amicable and legal actions all along the collection process
- Assist in preparing and sharing our collection KPIs with the rest of the team
- Liaise with our reinsurer for cases reaching the claim stage and collect the adequate documentation
- Contribute to any task in order to improve the performance of the portfolio
We love what we do and always aspire to be the best at it. We're passionate about making our industry better and aren't afraid of the competition, Hokodo is more than a place to work. We pride ourselves on our culture of down to earth, humble employees who are always willing to go the extra mile to help each other out!
Own the Outcome
Trust and Build Trust
Never Be Satisfied
No Passion, No Point
Be Genuine (No BS)
What’s in it for you…
We’re offering the chance to really make a difference. You’ll be working side by side with the Head of Collections. The opportunity for personal growth in a fast-moving startup is very real. Your opinion and feedback will be heard and valued. You'll feel a part of a very special family, so we would like you to work from our offices in London or Paris a couple of days a week.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.