We are looking for an experienced Head of Customer Success to join our team and pioneer the Customer Success function at Hokodo. We need a “player/coach” who can help build the CS team, while taking ownership of a set of key client relationships.
We’re a fast growing team of experienced tech, insurance and data science specialists, based in London and Paris, at the early stage of our adventure. Our product addresses a massive opportunity - fixing B2B payments. We already have a list of stellar clients and we’re now embarking on a rapid scale-up journey across western Europe. We’re well funded too, having just completed our Series A.
Now, the serious business bit…
We’re bringing B2B commerce into the 21st century by modernising the way businesses buy from each other. In short, we make it easier and safer for merchants to offer credit terms to their business customers. A bit like a “buy now pay later” for B2B.
Almost 60% of B2B trade currently takes place on credit terms. Yet, current processes for offering trade credit are outdated and not fit for the digital age. We solve these issues by offering B2B merchants a powerful set of tools, allowing them to offer credit terms to their business customers instantly through a frictionless checkout experience. Merchants that have already integrated with us see on average a 40% increase in revenues... and we’re only just getting started.
Hokodo solves a massive issue for B2B trade in general, and particularly for B2B online trade. B2B trade represents $12 TN p.a. in Western Europe. $680 BN of these sales happen online, generating a $15 BN revenue opportunity for Hokodo, which is set to double every 5 years.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Customer Success professional to pioneer the Customer Success function. We need a “player/coach” who can manage a set of key relationships, but with the ability to work in a leadership role as the team grows. We are seeking a sharp, organised and passionate individual driven to make a difference. Fundamentally, we believe in open, transparent teams, filled with quality people aiming together at ambitious goals.
As Head of Customer Success, you will be in charge of managing merchant relationships from the time we land a deal until churn tears us apart. This is an exciting opportunity to deal with digitally-savvy “merchants” such as Ankorstore, ManoMano, Hectare, Box, Tracktor etc. It’s also a unique time to join the team as you will be able to shape our CS function. Up to now, CS has been performed by a combination of our Commercial and Operations teams, and now we’re looking to move to the next level and blueprint the CS function at Hokodo.
Key responsibilities include...
- Drive the merchant onboarding process
- Give our first merchants an unforgettable experience
- Make sure merchants get the most out of their Hokodo integration asap
- Ensure smooth handover from Sales
- Maximise end customer take-up rate
- Encourage merchants to leverage all the resources available to convert their buyers to Hokodo’s payment methods
- Think creatively about strategies to “activate” our merchants’ end customers
- Manage the merchant’s lifecycle
- Plan for different levels of interactions & touch points according to merchant size and future potential
- Coordinate with other teams to optimise merchant satisfaction
- Monitor the performance of our merchant partnerships and ensure we take early remedial actions if things are not going to plan
- Work closely with founders and colleagues to create Hokodo’s Customer Success playbook and build the team
- Design data-driven processes to continually improve and accelerate customer outcomes
- Help us to plan the resource needs and build out the team
- Implement the best practices (tools, methodologies) and maintain a personal network to ensure you / we remain at the forefront of CS
In light of these responsibilities, we’re looking for a candidate who brings:
- 5+ years experience in a senior CS role - or equivalent
- Ideally prior experience in Paytech (or Fintech), if not, then a solid track record of learning about new industries
- Strong customer / service obsession
- Leadership capabilities, with proven experience driving change
- Data-driven, analytical, process oriented, with strong client management skills
- Ability to lead and execute cross-functional customer success initiatives
- Entrepreneurial mindset and at ease in a fast-paced environment
- Remote working
- Share options
- Health insurance
- Pension contribution
- 2 x off sites per year
- Company merchandise
- Cycle to work scheme
- L&D budget