We are looking for an experienced Credit Analyst to join our Credit Analytics team, in order to optimise the risk-return trade-offs we make each time we approve a new transaction.
Who are we?
We’re a fast growing team of experienced tech, insurance and data science specialists, based in London and Paris, at the early stage of our adventure. Our product addresses a massive opportunity - fixing B2B payments. We already have a list of stellar clients and we’re now embarking on a rapid scale-up journey across western Europe. We’re well funded too, having just completed our Series A.
The serious business bit…
We’re bringing B2B commerce into the 21st century by modernising the way businesses buy from each other. In short, we make it easier and safer for merchants to offer credit terms to their business customers. A bit like a “buy now pay later” for B2B.
Almost 60% of B2B trade currently takes place on credit terms. Yet, current processes for offering trade credit are outdated and not fit for the digital age. We solve these issues by offering B2B merchants a powerful set of tools, allowing them to offer credit terms to their business customers instantly through a frictionless checkout experience. Merchants that have already integrated with us see on average a 40% increase in revenues... and we’re only just getting started.
Hokodo solves a massive issue for B2B trade in general, and particularly for B2B online trade. B2B trade represents $12 TN p.a. in Western Europe. $680 BN of these sales happen online, generating a $15 BN revenue opportunity for Hokodo, which is set to double every 5 years.
How will you make a difference?
As a Credit Analyst, you will be part of the Credit team working alongside the Data Science and Fraud teams to optimise the risk-return trade-offs we make each time we approve a new transaction. There are multiple components to this role:
- Conduct A to Z credit analysis of a counterpart
- Manage the portfolio of credit reviews
- Contribute to the understanding and the monitoring of the cases under collection
- Quickly assume a risk signing authority
- Contribute to any task in order to improve the performance of the portfolio
- Support in building an efficient credit review process (e.g. developing your own SQL queries)
- Encourage the challenge of current credit models
Who are you?
We are seeking a sharp, energetic and passionate individual. This role is a unique opportunity to learn the nuts and bolts of financial services and build a well-rounded skill set alongside a team of experienced business leaders.
- Experience operating in European markets in a credit insurance company or in the credit management department of a large corporate company
- Have had prior credit signing authority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of financial statement analysis
- Understanding of the main legal frameworks across Europe
- Good command of tools such as Microsoft Office, Google Suite
- A fast learner, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment where change is constant
- Organised and methodical with the ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good work ethic with strong attention to detail
- Curious, creative and on the lookout for new ideas and methods
We love what we do and always aspire to be the best at it. We're passionate about making our industry better and aren't afraid of the competition, Hokodo is more than a place to work. We pride ourselves on our culture of down to earth, humble employees who are always willing to go the extra mile to help each other out!
Own the Outcome
Trust and Build Trust
Never Be Satisfied
No Passion, No Point
Be Genuine (No BS)
What’s in it for you…
We’re offering the chance to really make a difference. The opportunity for personal growth in a fast-moving startup is very real. Your opinion and feedback will be heard and valued. You'll feel a part of a very special family, so we would like you to work from our Paris office a couple of days a week.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.