We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our Tech team, to work on Hokodo’s insurance and payment API.
We’re an international and diverse team of experienced finance, tech, and data science specialists, based in London and Paris whose goal is to modernise online B2B payments.
Our B2B Buy Now, Pay Later solution enables merchants to offer credit terms to their business customers instantly. Merchants integrated with us see a 40% average increase in revenue... and we’re only just getting started.
We already have a list of stellar clients and are scaling rapidly across Western Europe. We’ve also recently raised $40 million in Series B investment which will help us with our mission of enabling 1 million businesses to access a better way to pay by 2025. We’ve made good progress so far with 32,000 businesses already regularly using Hokodo, but we need your help to take us to the next level!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our Tech team, to work on Hokodo’s insurance and payment API. We are seeking a sharp, energetic and passionate individual. We are looking for all varieties of talented engineers, who are driven to grow and make a difference!
Our tech stack
- Python + django REST framework in the back-end
- React.js + Redux in the front-end
- PostgreSQL for the database
- AWS for the infrastructure
- As a Backend Engineer at Hokodo, you will carry our value of creating seamless integrations right through the customer journey. This is key to delivering on our promise to bring trade credit into the digital age and offer business customers a seamless service, in the most painless, straightforward and transparent way.
- You are quick to learn new technologies, while understanding that the latest new thing isn’t necessarily the best tool. Understanding the value of strong testing and attention to detail while staying open minded and willing to learn new technologies.
- We know what it’s like to be so involved in a project you get lost in your own bubble, but we’d expect you to be pragmatic and find the right compromise for the sake of overall company goals in delivering our product out to consumers. Whilst we understand you might want your own space, we’re also big on our culture, so you should be open to teamwork and collaboration.
Ideally you will be a Python veteran, with a good understanding of modern web applications, HTTP and REST APIs. Bonus points if you’re familiar with django REST framework.
We love what we do and always aspire to be the best at it. We're passionate about making our industry better and aren't afraid of the competition, Hokodo is more than a place to work. We pride ourselves on our culture of down to earth, humble employees who are always willing to go the extra mile to help each other out!
Own the Outcome
Trust and Build Trust
Never Be Satisfied
No Passion, No Point
Be Genuine (No BS)
- Remote working
- Share options
- Health insurance
- Pension contribution
- 2 x off sites per year
- Company merchandise
- Cycle to work scheme
- L&D budget
- 45 mins with CTO
- Tech test
- Review of tech test call
- Co-founder call